The Changing Insurance and Innovation Landscape
Last year CB insights reported 974 new Insurtech companies entering the global Insurtech stage across all business lines and included 53 countries receiving over $ US$16B of funding.
What does this explosion of Insurtech mean for us in New Zealand? What are the opportunities for this sector and what do we need to think about for our Insurance related business’s facing rapid change?
For this April session, we will explore perspectives on the growing Insurtech sector in New Zealand receiving insights on the Insurtech market place, reflections on change processes, regulation and the legal implications we may want to consider.
The evening will focus on sharing updates, gaining new insights, stimulating group discussion and exploring future agenda for our members
There will be presentations from:
- Jason Roberts, Augen Software Group – discussing InsurTech trends and observations from both NZ and overseas, what does this mean for NZ.
- Tom Hunt, Russell McVeagh – discussing innovations that are emerging in New Zealand and around the world which fall within the InsurTech umbrella. Legal implications for companies exploring change.
- Joanne Calvert Davis, FMA – update on FAA and Robo-Advice.
- Ed Saul, Intelligent Life – re-inventing an existing InsurTech business.
- Rob Coon, Cove Insurance – geting ready to launch a new InsurTech business
We will have an opportunity for two members to provide a 5 minute overview of their business and their perspective on change.
New to this FinTechNZ format, we will use the break-out rooms to trial small-group facilitated discussion with the goal to explore the agenda for the Insurtech Meet ups going forward.