FinTechNZ created the Insurance Working Group (known as InsurTechNZ) in response to interest from the insurance industry. Our members are from across the sector, the wider ecosystem and at all stages of innovation and transformation.
Both service innovation and digital technologies are transforming the way insurance services are provided and experienced by customers. Digital offerings like artificial intelligence, blockchain, chatbots, image recognition, predictive analytics and telematics are increasingly being used across the financial services landscape. These new technologies combined with other digital service offerings and back end system refinements have the potential for (and already are) dramatically improving how customers engage with – and experience insurance services.
We share an inclusive, collaborative approach to advance collective opportunity with both NZ and international partners.
InsurTechNZ has been established to identify the themes and issues, support broad sector engagement and lead the insurance transformation journey. The InsurTechNZ Working Group meets monthly and holds regular ‘meetups’ (in association with the FinTechNZ ‘Connect’ events), to connect, promote and advance the members’ agenda.
Read the InsurTech Report 2019: InsurTech emerging at pace. An assessment of the New Zealand InsurTech ecosystem
- Was the Insurance Business Claims Tech Summit all it claimed to be?
- InsurTechNZ and EY release the first New Zealand InsurTech landscape report “InsurTech emerging at pace”
- Most insurtechs want to improve customer experience
- The Growth of Fintech: From The First Wire Transfer to Blockchain Technology & Beyond
- Wellington AI Startup, JRNY, Named in Top 15 Startups in Asia Pacific
- Insurance Leaders look to the Future at ANZIIF Insurtech Conference
InsurtechNZ Working Group Chair
Jason Roberts, Augen software
Working Group Members
Participate in InsurTechNZ
The FinTechNZ Insurance Working Group (InsurTechNZ) provides a forum for industry to engage and collaborate. To encourage full participation, FinTechNZ is extending membership to those across the entire insurance value chain.
If you would like to join the FinTechNZ insurance community, please get in touch.