This October, AWS is collaborating with four leading banks from across the globe – NAB (Australia), ITAU (Brazil), NatWest (UK) and CIBC (Canada) – to run a hackathon that explores the future of finance in the Global Open Finance Challenge. We see this as an outstanding opportunity for FinTechNZ members to get exposure to four of the largest banks in the world.
When: Registration closes 26 Sept
Registration and more info here:
The competition and the Prize
The Global Open Finance Challenge is a week-long virtual event that will bring together teams from around the world to pitch how their solutions can help solve some of the most important challenges facing financial services. Participants will receive mentoring from respected banking executives and ventures teams before going head-to-head with their ideas.
The top four teams will each have the opportunity to participate in a post-event tailored incubation program. This program will include the following:
- Proof of Concept with one or more banks: a dedicated in-bank team to collaborate and support a proof of concept, including feedback from front-line and customer research groups
- Ventures Pitch: if selected, teams will have the opportunity to pitch all of the banks’ ventures teams
- Local Market Guidance: post event teams can receive exclusive meetings where in-bank teams can provide education on local market environments
- Senior Leadership: exposure to internal decision makers for networking relationship support and partner discussion
- Media Coverage: the winning teams will be featured in press releases across global and local banking, fintech, and technology media channels
- Solution Architecture: expert consultants from AWS will provide support on functional and technical designs
We’re asking teams to build an API-enabled concept in response to one of the following challenges:
- Experience: How can we support our business and commercial/corporate clients through services that will help them succeed in a digital economy?
- Convenience: How can we help current and new customers access banking services through more convenient or relevant digital channels?
- Sustainability: How can we find innovative ways to help our customers make better decisions around climate and sustainability?